[nos-bbs] Update - Timer issues in JNOS

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Aug 4 23:01:50 EDT 2010

Kerry,

This goes back to ANY version of JNOS for linux.

For DOS versions, the 24.85 day problem existed BEFORE the code was
changed to use longmul() and longdiv() in the source file 'pc.c'. I
don't know when that was done. I'd have to search the archives.

The DOS version of JNOS 1.11f has the code change, so it should not
suffer from the negative timers after roughly 25 days. However, based on
the size of the clock variable, I'm guessing the timer problem *might*
surface after roughly 52 days or so.

Maiko