[nos-bbs] JNOS + WINMOR Sound Card TNC - progress report ...

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Apr 13 16:38:05 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thanks to some prodding by K7EK (Gary) I finally decided to take
a more detailed look at the WINMOR Sound Card TNC project. This is
very impressive work, Rick and the group deserve kudos for this !

At this stage (as of noon today) I am able to connect to an RMS
Express system (WINMOR P2P session). As well, my JNOS test system
is able to accept a connect from RMS Express (WINMOR P2P session).

I've done a full forward session both ways (no messages yet, just
the SIDs greeting each other, then FF, then FQ, then disconnect),
and it seems to be working okay. This is a very good start.

My test system is quite simple. Two PC's, the soundcards interfaced
with each other using both DIRECT cables and microphone/speaker combo,
and let me tell you, it's cool to watch them talk to each other, and
it works very well. Speeds up development big time.

The next step is to attempt to pass messages from JNOS to RMS
Express (right now I am crashing RMS because I am not sending
the proper number values in the FC proposal to RMS, but that
is a completely different issue all together).

More information down the road ...

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM