[nos-bbs] Full duplex JNOS

James French w8iss at amsat.org
Sat Sep 5 09:40:58 EDT 2009

Wondering if anyone has done Full duplex to improve speed and thu put?

What I am considering is:
1) Two radios with one of two meters for transmit and the other on
70centimeters for receive and just the opposite on the other end

OR

2) a dual band radio with one side for two meters for transmit and the other
side on 70 centimeters for receive and just the opposite on the other end.

What TNC's are capable of doing this? As far as I know, ANY tnc if configured
correctly can do this. Am I correct? Can the tnc-X do it also?

I know there have been bit regenerative repeaters on 2m and other bands
across the country and I kindly DON'T want to hear about those PLEASE!!

James W8ISS