[nos-bbs] JNOS Installer (with 64 bit JNOS beta) on ARCH (x86_64) linux

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Oct 2 14:51:43 EDT 2009

Greetings all,

In the interest of *keeping* up with the latest supposedly bleeding
edge distributions of linux, I decided to install ARCH linux (2009/08)
on a Dell Optiplex 330 (x86_64) that I had lying around here.

I have also been working on making JNOS 64 bit compatible, so why not
kill a couple of birds with one stone, see if it compiles and runs on
the ARCH linux distribution - which it does. This is BETA material.

Anyone that wants to beta test my latest development copy of JNOS is
more than welcome to download the installer at the following URL :

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/downloads/arch/archinst.tar.gz

Use your browser, use the 'wget' or 'curl' commands, let me know how
it goes. If anyone missed the previous post about the installer showing
up with commands like 'no such file or directory' - the answer is quite
simple - distributions like ARCH and a few others simply will not run
any 32 bit binaries, which the last version of my installer was.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM