[nos-bbs] JNOS Installer and 'no such file or directory' ...

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Oct 2 14:43:15 EDT 2009

Back in August, Sunday, the 9th, aa9vt wrote :

> tried using the JNOS installer but when I run:
> ./jnosinstaller
>
> I get the message: */no such file or directory/*

I now know why this is happening.

In the interest of keeping JNOS compiled and runnable in the
supposedly most bleeding edge distributions of linux, I decided
to install ARCH linux on a Dell Optiplex 330 that was sitting
beside me at work.

I tried the installer from my website, and sure enough I got
the same thing, 'no such file or directory'. A bit of reading,
and it turns out that ARCH, among other distributions, will not
run 32 bit binaries period ! That's why you get the message.

Now, see my next post (ie, JNOS 64 bit BETA on ARCH linux) ...

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM