[nos-bbs] serial ports

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Sat Nov 14 20:21:18 EST 2009

Why would there be a problem with a PCI serial card? I've used loads of
different ones in my time with JONS on Linux and all have behaved as
expected. DigiBoard (now called something else which I forget) is my
favorite.

I have also used a 4 port USB-serial adapter under Linux and it too was
fine.

My current production system has only one serial port and so I use
polled/multi-drop/BPQ KISS to talk to 4 Z80 based (TNC2 compatible)
TNC's. I run on port at 2400BD to air, another at 300bd to air and rthe
rest at 1200bd. If I could get hold of a DRSI 9600 TNC I'd like to try
that too.