[nos-bbs] serial ports

Don Moore donmoore at rogers.com
Sat Nov 14 11:43:22 EST 2009

With the advent of the new computer today, the motherboard only comes with one serial port now and I suspect soon none.  I currently use two serial ports with jnos and have been told that it will not do well with a pci serial card.  Has anyone tried the pci board to add serial ports for jnos?  If so, what kind of success did you have?

Also on another note the 44. gateway regularly sends out RIP broadcasts which includes the encap routes to all the gateways.  I only use 3 commands for the RIP process and do not broadcast any.

start rip
rip accept 169.228.66.151
rip merge on

Some of my routes are converted from encap to tun0 of the already existing routes and to my knowledge that should not happen.
If this process works, that could possibly eliminate the need for regular encap.txt download files for the gateways to be able to communicate.

73, Don - ve3zda