[nos-bbs] JNOS and B2F - the overwhelming response :)

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri May 22 12:40:20 EDT 2009

> The new JNOS 2.0g (preliminary release out soon) will see B2F and
> HFDD as undefined options by default. If you really want them, then
> of course you can edit the config.h and #define them.

That's a good solution..

> JNOS and WinLink are both servers. I highly doubt a majority of JNOS
> operators will be forwarding with a WinLink server anytime soon, if
> ever.

The whole magic of JNOS and why it's better is the server-to-server
function.   So in my near future vision I see the JNOS instances I'm
dealing with exchanging traffic with the local WL2K access points on a
regular basis.   Getting the "connect AS" functionality in the
Forward.bbs and later CI-V control will make it possible for the local
JNOS servers to access WL2K even more for a list of local clients as
well as maintaining contact with additional WL2K access points on
other local frequencies.   I see the JNOS to WL2K usage behind only
RF-RF and basic Internet Email access in importance.

> This brings us to the client side. Airmail has B2F, but again,
> I highly doubt many Airmail clients will be talking to JNOS servers.

Airmail is still (for a while....) "THE" Windows based packet Email
client.  It would be THE RF solution for accessing either the WL2K
system or doing Email with a JNOS server.   Thus while it might not
get much use now - it's a core part of our solution (..looking for a
problem) and needs to be robust.

I wonder if Paclink will forward with JNOS or if they have access to
other systems locked out.

> Just one of those things :(

Maybe SkyNet is involved.   (2 hours, 22 minutes and counting...)

> Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

Bill - WA7NWP