[nos-bbs] JNOS and B2F - 2B or not 2B - opinions anyone ?

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed May 20 21:53:39 EDT 2009

> Any time I can keep the tools I like and add functionality I jump at the
> opportunity.  This mail reader is Thunderbird and I like it.  If I had a way
> to hook it up to Airmail/WL2K (etc) as a MTA I'd love to attach to the SSB
> [not on this boat] to dispatch it

My second favorite packet program -- Airmail2000 -- is what I define
as a limited version of JNOS that runs windows native..   Airmail,
like JNOS, has both SMTP and POP server and client modes so
Thunderbird should have no trouble picking mail from or sending it to
Airmail2000 -- or JNOS.

"not on this boat" - your HF solution is on a different boat?   So
you'd like to do VHF between boats and the HF from one other boat?
If so, that's just what Airmail2000 is made for.  (Of course JNOS
could do it better but I'm biased...)

73,
Bill - WA7NWP