[nos-bbs] JNOS routing to TUN0

Skip VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue May 19 15:13:50 EDT 2009

Hi Bill...

Bill V WA7NWP wrote:
>> Did you publish your arp?
>>

> Thanks folks...
>
> I had to add the ARP and enable IP_FORWARDing.  the TUN0 netmesk is
> acting weird too but an extraneous ROUTE command fixed that for now.

Yup, ARP works.  But I believe arp is kinda a time-dependent solution.
I might be wrong, but I opted for installing static route table for all
the stuff on my LAN at each host.  All hosts come and go any time and
find everybody any time.  I might do better with my own LAN DNS, but
gave up on that solution.
> First step is complete...   The Linux-NWPNOS instance that has TCP/IP
> is talking by AXUDP to the BPQ32-NOS instance that has the real TNC
> attached.
>
> Next step - Netrom...

NET/ROM active here -- but I'm in need of parm tuning help.  It works,
but does not handle exceptions well [like unavailable at this time, or
broken path, or ...].  Could we talk after you are happy with your install?