[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0f Messages

Raymond Quinn w6ray at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 1 13:36:00 EST 2009

QUESTIONS:

 1) what version and distribution of LINUX?
I believe the machine in question is running CentOS Linux 4.4
   2) What kind of machine is it?
I am not sure. It is running without a GUI (runlevel 3)
 Is it a 64-bit machine?
No. It is a 32 bit machine

 3) what version of glibc do you have installed?
glibc-2.5-18.  As I type this, I am updating to 2.5-24

REQUEST :

   1) send me the autoexec.nos that was generated by your
      installer. Unedited, send it to me as it was created
      when you ran the installer.

I have since ran it on two machines. The one mentioned above and another one
running SuSE 10.1 64-bit and both times the test messages were available and
seemed to be just fine. It appears that the installer program works as it
should right out of the box. I can send you the autoexec.nos generated by
the installer if you still need it.
A new (refurbished) and much faster computer has been ordered for the BBS
and I will be installing a newer version of Linux. What distribution of
Linux would you suggest?
Thanks!!

73 de Ray Quinn W6RAY
Visalia, CA DM06