[nos-bbs] New Hard Disk for the JNOS 2.0 Web Site

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Jun 10 02:34:02 EDT 2009

Greetings to all,

The old MAXTOR that I was using for the JNOS 2.0 webpage has been
replaced with a brand new 500 Gig SATA SeaGate, fed with a Promise
Technology FastTrak TX4200 PCI card on my older Pentium 4 board.

It's humming along very nicely - Slackware 11.0 (linux) had no
problem at all finding the controller card and SATA drive ...

This should significantly improve things for anyone visiting the
site and trying to download from it. The MAXTOR was getting hung
up on disk seeks, and so things would stall quite frequently for
anyone trying to load from it.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM