[nos-bbs] xNOS Web Based VNC/Mailbox/Whatever - try it out :)

Ian Wade G3NRW g3nrw at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 01:57:05 EDT 2009

From: "Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm)" <maiko at pcs.mb.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009   Time: 17:49:13

>At present, if you terminate your web client, and the mailbox is still
>running, NOS may try to run a second instance, then things get wierd.

Hi Maiko,

A quick report. First attempts yesterday looked very promising. For a
few minutes, everything worked as advertised. Then I cleared the window.
All subsequent command attempts echoed just the command letter, with no
BBS action taken. I then closed the window, but didn't say bye.

This morning I logged in again, and was surprised to see my old session
still active. All the commands that I had entered yesterday without
response had now been actioned.

So I then entered the H command. Your box responded by closing the
connection.

Hope this helps.

Ian, G3NRW