[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0G Install

Kenneth Coe (kd8ipn kd8ipn at coehome.com
Tue Aug 11 12:43:02 EDT 2009

I am running JNOS on Ubuntu 8.04LTS (which I am assuming you mean by Ubuntu 8.0.), and have re-installed in the last two weeks, using the 2.0f installer. After enabling root login (or sudo su) and enabling ipforwarding in sysctl, I downloaded and instlled straight from the quick set of instructions. I seem to recall from my first install (not that long ago) that there were some *interesting Issues* if you did not run the install from /tmp). Here are the instructions, line by line, for simplicity;

 cd /tmp

 wget http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/downloads/linux/installerv2.tar.gz

 gunzip installerv2.tar.gz

 tar xvf installerv2.tar