[nos-bbs] JNOS forwarding to WL2K

George [Skip] VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Sat Apr 18 12:28:12 EDT 2009

Hi Bill -- I'm glad you asked the question.
For the wiki, I'd really like to sort out and publish all the variables
needed for success...

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wrote:
> Does it still work for JNOS to forward to WL2K by RF-packet?    I
> tried to poll a Linux-RMS neighbor and all I saw as a succession of
> connected messages to the various WL2K servers but never the standard
> [BBS ID string].

As I recall from my try I saw something similar -- never a complete(?)
handshake sequence.
> I'm running, on this windows box, an old version of JNOS -2C4 so could
> that be an issue?

After Maiko published his success with jnos2.0e(?) link over hf(?) to
wl2k, I tried to access a vhf port into the network.  I was not fully
successful.  My reasoning was that wl2k folks had recently installed
RMS(?) access software for all ports, and it looked to me like the same
protocol was used for both hf & vhf paths.  I guess I was pretty wrong.
After my failure I put out a couple feelers but the subject went to the
back burner.
> Thanks,
> Bill - WA7NWP
My purpose for adding to Bills request is mostly to announce my own
interest in the subject.   My use of "(?)" is to show I have a flawed
memory and I did not research my notes.  If the details of my work are
useful, I'll dig them out.  I do hope to see enough info here to let me
update wiki with both what works and what fails.

73
Skip