[nos-bbs] Questions related to JNOS 1.11f

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ns.ac.yu
Sat Sep 13 15:42:15 EDT 2008

Hi all,

For the experimental purpose, I have been trying to setup my JNOS 1.11f
bbs to run on top of the BPQ 4.09c node. The JNOS callsign (YT7M) is
visible from an internal loopback Port 3 of BPQ, but seems not to be
accessible: When a downlink connection attempt is made (or with "bbs"
command), it always answers with "Sorry, All BBS Ports are in use":

> DOSNOD:YT7MPB-4} Heard List for Port 3
> YT7M       21:02:33
> YT7MPB-4   20:51:14
> c 3 yt7m
> DOSNOD:YT7MPB-4} Sorry, All BBS Ports are in use - Please try later
> bbs
> DOSNOD:YT7MPB-4} Sorry, All BBS Ports are in use - Please try later

JNOS setup of BPQ interface is the following:

attach bpq init 0x7fh 1
attach bpq 3 bpq

Any idea on how to make JNOS accessible from BPQ?

It is also possible that I have entered into a low memory problem
because now I only have some 10-20 kb free RAM (after everything is up).
JNOS detects XMS but I am not sure if it is better to put NIC drivers
and BPQ in high memory and disable JNOS detecting XMS, or some other
approach would result in more free RAM. Any idea? That is an old
80286/12 box with 1 meg RAM only (no extensions possible).

Misko YT7MPB