[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0 - pk232 success (finally) !!!

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Sep 9 10:34:58 EDT 2008

Good morning to all,

Subject says it all. In case any of you are curious how I develop this
stuff, I hook the PK232 audio in/out DIRECTLY into my DXP38 audio in/out,
and it works quite well. Using the KAM direct to the PK232 also works, but
you have to change the MARK and SPACE values of the KAM to match the PK232.

This saves ALOT of time. When I first started this, I only had one pactor
modem, and my only way to do this was live on HF. I am very gratefull for
those HF stations that helped this project out, and even more gratefull
for the HF modems so kindly donated to the cause over the past while.

Thank you to those people. You know who you are :)

I finally figured this out. These modems have too many parameters to deal
with sometimes. Anyways, I successfully FBB forwarded stuff between JNOS
and Airmail (both ways). Content either way was over 1 kilobyte of data,
not a problem. The next step is to make sure the B2F also works properly
(both ways). As well, I need to clean this up, make sure it's more user
friendly, then I'll release a beta for people to play with and test.

In the end, I am going to stick with my polling code as I originally
wrote it. It works fine now, but looking at the AirMail traffic was
still very helpful in figuring all of this out.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM