[nos-bbs] JNOS driver + PK232 = insanity :(

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Sep 3 13:09:56 EDT 2008

I need to vent ! I'm ready to go insane (kidding of course). I
have the pk232 and pactor working in hostmode quite well, but
there is one very important part that is just eluding me.

I send properly formatted FBB binary data to the PK232 at some
point. The PK232 echoes back everything up till the EOT, then
suddenly disconnects. A status later on says there is transmit
data remaining. All the other data exchanges are working very
well, the proposal, the FS+, the opening SSID banners, etc,
it's just the FBB compressed forward with the subject and
the STX/EOT delimited binary data that is doing this.

I've tried alot of different things, but am stuck.

For those SEASONED USERS OF THE PK232, does this ring a bell ?

As far as I know, I've init'd the PK232 with all the appropriate
commands before putting it into hostmode.

How important is HARDWARE flow control within the driver code ?

Maiko