[nos-bbs] JNOS + MultiPSK possibilities

pa3gjx at home.nl pa3gjx at home.nl
Fri Oct 24 13:45:28 EDT 2008

Hi Maiko,

> * Comments, criticism, technical discussion on this more then welcome *
>
> I am in the process of looking into adding features to JNOS so that
> you can do things like the following :
>
>    1) send and receive IP on top of *a* digital mode.
>
>    2) fbb forward op top of *a* digital mode.
>
> using the MultiPSK software, and the TCP/IP remote control feature
> that it offers (ie, MultiPSK becomes a digital modem for JNOS to use
> as yet another interface/port). Sure, it'll be slow, but who cares.

Here on or lokal HAM radio ethousiast "old oms" PSK is a hot item
They are involved with PA0R his PSKmail wich does psk 250
on 30 meters.  http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/

Psk mail works with fldigi
http://www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html

> Imagine having an IP link over HF using one of the modes that MultiPSK
> offers. Much of the code exists already, because I wrote code to do raw
> 'ip over rf' a few years ago (experimental). It's been sitting on the
> shelf for a while, but I now see an opportunity to get back into it.

It would be verry nice to experiment with this, and our ham's
I already spoke with our Packet Radio Workgroup last saturday  about the possibilities for boosting up packet and more new stuff.  They also told e-mail linked with comercial servers is prohibit in Europe so hooking up with the " old" packet network would be much apreciated.

> My plan for the moment is to do this with JNOS (on linux) networked
> over my LAN to a laptop (windows) which runs MultiPSK to my HF rig.

Would be verry nice to see, or to start up this service.
Tomorrow there is a great dutch ham vention in Apeldoorn, i will ask around
(and will buy/look for connectors for my other pk232 for finding problems)

Best 73'  Jan PA3GJX.