[nos-bbs] Questions related to JNOS 2.0f

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ns.ac.yu
Sun Oct 19 08:35:57 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with SMTP/POP3 servers in JNOS 2.0f for DOS,
using various mail user agents for Windows in the same LAN (Thunderbird
2.0.0.17 and OE 6). I am capable to send emails without problems, but
whenever I try to get the emails from JNOS something like that occurs:

> There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: '192.168.1.2', Server: '192.168.1.2', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Access DENIED!!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I tried with various entries in FTPUSERS, like this:

<callsign> <password> /jnos/spool/mail 16511 #or
<callsign> <password> /jnos 16511 #or even
<callsign> <password> / 16511

and entries within POPUSERS like this:

<callsign> <password> #callsigns and passwords as in FTPUSERS

... but receiving messages always fail.

Btw, I also checked the content within /jnos/spool/mail directory and
found, for an example, <callsign>.TXT having all incoming messages,
incl. complete headers from the mail user agents mentioned etc.

Any suggestion?

Misko YT7MPB

PS: For Maiko: Have you maybe posted the patch to solve a forwarding
issue between JNOS and FBB, where JNOS' From: field reads the last FBB
callsign (instead of an originating station callsign etc) ?