[nos-bbs] Anyone using BAYCOM boards (*modems*) with JNOS ?

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Oct 17 17:11:47 EDT 2008

> Trying to but without much success.

Can you be more specific :)

I was looking at that 'net2kiss' program (linux). It creates a pseudo
tty that JNOS would use as it's ASYNC device. I'm thinking that why not
just have JNOS directly interface to the kernel modules (like net2kiss
code does - bypass all the pseudo tty stuff).

Would it be worth the time ? I'd like to see if I can get 4800 baud
out of those boards. I know you can 2400 with a crystal change for
the TCM3105 (I think I got the number right) chip.

I have a baycom board that's in excellent shape). I used to use it
with the flexnet and baybox software years ago in DOS. Maybe this
is an excuse to write a new JNOS driver :)

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM