[nos-bbs] Bill's Global AXIP and back to Global MAILBOX again

Danny Moss ddm at lnx-vk7hdm.dnsalias.org
Fri Nov 21 02:42:29 EST 2008

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wrote:

> I think that Michigan is "the" convention these days..
>

>>   I'd *REALLY* like to see more Hamgate's and JNOS nodes pop up all
>> around the country!
>>

> Me too!!!   This would be a very good thing.
>

>>  We have 22 Hamgate's in Michigan now and as many JNOS
>> home stations
>>

> Are there how-to's we could leverage for a world wide system?
>
> What does it take to be a "hamgate?"
>
> How does somebody set up a home JNOS system?
>
> Where does a AX25 Linux box fit in?
>

>> .  Our network continues to grow steadily.  There are pockets
>> of JNOS activity in Colorado, Virginia, Hawaii, and a few other states.
>>

>> We should work together toward re-linking all of them through the
>> worldwide AMPRnet network :)
>>

> I agree completely but I'm not optimistic on the AMPRnet system.  Is
> there enough interest and energy by the key players to support and
> modernize it?   Jay and Brian do a lot but they can't carry the whole
> load.   Maybe our chance for success would be higher if we started
> over from scratch with the latest and greatest tools.

Hi Guys,

I run 3 systems down here is Tasmania
I run Tnos on Linux box
I run FBB BBS on a linux box    (Linked to station Australia wide)
I run Xrouter on a dos box
all there are linked to each other over my 1gb network and can be
connected to over the internet

My system is also linked to another tnos on linux box in the north west
of the state of Tasmania VK7ax

I am always after more link so if you want to exchange mail or would
like a few links give me a yell.
Best Regards
Danny Moss
VK7HDM

--
Best Regards
Danny Moss

Email: ddm at lnx-vk7hdm.dnsalias.org
Web: http://www.ddmcomputers.com

_DXspider_
VK7HDM-2 Dxspider Telnet 203.55.215.226 port 7300 or point your web
browser to http://lapto.ddmcomputers.com/cgi-bin/spider.cgi

_FBB BBS and Tnos, Xrouter    BBS gateway routers _
VK7HDM-6 Tnos vk7hdm.ampr.org  ip:44.136.224.32     ip: 203.55.215.233
Telnet, www, ax25, axip, axudp, converse, pop3, smtp, ftp, mail
linked to VK7HDM-4 Fpac node Under XFBB BBS VK7HDM-9  (Debian linux Box)

VK7HDM-7 Xrouter gw-vk7hdm.ampr.org ip: 203.55.215.230 Telnet, www,
ax25, axip, axudp, chat server, ftp, router
inked to VK7HDM-4 Fpac node Under XFBB BBS VK7HDM-9  (Debian linux Box)

FBB BBS VK7HDM-9 and fpac node VK7HDM-4   203.55.215.234  telnet  6300