[nos-bbs] 8153 Segmentation fault

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Nov 15 13:31:18 EST 2008

Hi Kim,

> I upgraded from ubuntu 6.06LTS to 8.04LTS ...

First of all, I would think that the libraries have significantly
changed between those two releases of ubuntu, so perhaps I am not
surprised that the crash is occuring. A recompile on 8.04 would
probably be the best choice.

IF you don't want to do that, then try running the jnos binary
itself using the GDB debugger. I was going to refer you to the
instructions below from my site (there is a section on GDB) :

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/compile.txt

But, since JNOS is dying from the start, then just run it as :

   cd /jnos
   gdb jnos

That will give you the GDB prompt, type in run. Hopefully the
JNOS binary has debugging built in, when you see the crash, you
may see a stack listing that tells you where it is happening. Or
if you don't, just type in 'where' at the prompt. Send me the
screen dump if you get anything *useful*.

BUT, I would suggest you recompile on the new system, before you
try anything else.

Maiko