[nos-bbs] Global AXIP

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 14:11:26 EST 2008

FYC   (For Your Consideration)...

A posting I made this morning to the BPQ32 list:

Bill - WA7NWP
-----

> Anyone here for axip link?(EU,US,AU...)

Wouldn't it be neat (useful, cool, handy, etc) if we had an AXIP
system similar to the APRS-IS where it was trivial for new (and old
timer) stations to attach, monitor and participate.

Maybe something like the CONVERS network..   Channel 0 could be the
generic ID broadcasts and folks would QSY to other channel numbers to
exchange targeted/connected packet connections.

The world wide virtual packet on the Internet functionality is
incredibly powerful but the current setup requires so much effort up
front to get going that most folks don't have the time.