[nos-bbs] Airmail

Steven Stimpson (N1OHX) steven2 at gwi.net
Sat Mar 22 06:37:33 EDT 2008

I have noticed a lot of discussion about Jnos > Winlink
forwarding and the problems caused by the new
enforcement of B2F..I operate WL2K regularly on H.F. but
I was off air while all this happened..I logged on yesterday on HF via
pactor and I noticed some other changes as well.. you no longer
speak directly to the PMBO, and your message isnt stored there
locally like a BBS for 5 Mins or so before being handed off to
the CMS (Central Message Server)..Rather, the end
user MBO's now connect you direct to one of a dozen CMS servers, and
you talk directly to that server..the new way of
talking directly to the CMS may be the reason for now needing B2F..

Just some observations...

Steven - N1OHX