[nos-bbs] NOS and Airmail

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Mar 14 10:53:31 EDT 2008

> received from the WL2K was "use B2F - goodbye"

Understood.

I was actually given the spec for B2F by one of the WinLink people
quite some time ago and started doing some stuff, but I got stuck,
and frankly a bit disinterested too. The spec was not complete, so
that was a big part of it, ie: the compression part wasn't there.

Just recently I was given another contact regarding the spec, so
maybe I'll try again and see what info I can get.

> It'll be incentive for us/me to both finally get B2F working and to
> work with the multitude of other NOS/AX25 based modes.

Agreed. Forcing the B2F is a very good incentive if the NOS community
wants the ability to integrate their NOS based systems into the WinLink
and Airmail systems out there.

That keeps the *dinosaur* alive a bit longer I suppose :-)

BUT, how many NOSers out there are really interested ???

> I'm looking forward, once we have B2F, to take it a step further

I'll see what I can do about it.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM