[nos-bbs] NOS and Airmail

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Wed Mar 12 16:16:29 EDT 2008

Oh my Maiko, you made me look up "troll" to confirm your meaning and
that labor was good for my vocabulary (did you realize there were a few
4-wheel Norwegian "Trolls" running around?).

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 11:08 -0500, Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:
> Bill,
>
> > I believe the WL2K folks have moved completely to their
> > enhanced BBS forwarding protocol and we're now completely
> > locked out from participating with them
>
> You believe or you are certain ?
>
> > which probably isn't a bad thing.  :-)
>
> Not to troll, but why exactly is that not a bad thing :-)
I've more thought of Maiko as Grand PooBaa or something like that?
Certainly Wizzard, but Bill your perhaps tongue-in-cheek caught my eye
too and I'm equally curious.

Recently I've seen a little more movement in "IPv4 to IPv6" than
earlier, I've seen reluctance to adopt desktop originated email [think:
mutt on Linux or Outlook Express on Microsoft] with ham transport
[think: TCP over AX.25], and I've seen big(?) inroads by D-Star digital
technology.  Here and now is not the thread for expanding on these other
issues.  I'm reacting here because your comment reminds me that these
issues *can* be considered separately -- it is a *legitimate* personal
choice in toolkit inventory.

Because "interoperability" with anything can be considered to be a good
thing, I can't share in the thought of wl2k/jnos loss being a good thing
and so if you(?) are looking for volunteer to save the feature please
allow me to raise my hand to help you somehow?

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k