[nos-bbs] Re: NOS polled by Airmail on Internet (Bill Vodall WA7NWP)

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:50:05 EDT 2008

> > So trying again with WA7NWP-3, it
> > choked on the extended prompts being generated by JNOS for a new basic
> > user.   Tonight I'll preconfigure the callsign being used by Airmail
> > as a BBS on the JNOS side and see what happens.
> >
> > Has anybody else worked through this?
>
> See the Masters website. :)  he (Just) did a update feb 2008
>
> http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/telpac.html
> http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/hfdd.txt
>
> Look in the hfdd.txt  after the text line "I have successfully forwarded with WL2K systems (mbox ki xxx) etc..."

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the comments.   The special circumstance here is that I'm
trying to connect with the local Airmail system which is totally
independent of Winlink2000.   I believe the WL2K folks have moved
completely to their enhanced BBS forwarding protocol and we're now
completely locked out from participating with them -- which probably
isn't a bad thing.   :-)

I forgot to try setting my Airmail call as a BBS in JNOS so that's on
the list for tonight or tomorrow.

73
Bill