[nos-bbs] Re: NOS polled by Airmail on Internet (Bill Vodall WA7NWP)

pa3gjx at home.nl pa3gjx at home.nl
Tue Mar 11 17:03:31 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

> I tried using JNOS as an Internet Server for the Airmail Internet
> Client this morning.

I try to do so for Pactor on Hf and 1k2  2meter  9k6 70cm.

>The configuration in Airmail was fairly straight
> forward.   First it failed because Airmail didn't like the destination
> callsign (NWPNOS.)   The trick that separates Airmail -- free for
> hams, from Sailmail -- a commercial product, is that the ham version
> callsigns all have an embedded number.  Tactical calls, without the
> number, won't work in Airmail.

I also encountered  this as a problem, pretty good thinking from the Airmail boys.
Also not being able to connect in plain ax25 to a airmail host is a problem when you want to get mail from the Airmail server.

> So trying again with WA7NWP-3, it
> choked on the extended prompts being generated by JNOS for a new basic
> user.   Tonight I'll preconfigure the callsign being used by Airmail
> as a BBS on the JNOS side and see what happens.
>
> Has anybody else worked through this?

See the Masters website. :)  he (Just) did a update feb 2008

http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/telpac.html
http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/hfdd.txt

Look in the hfdd.txt  after the text line "I have successfully forwarded with WL2K systems (mbox ki xxx) etc..."

Best 73' Jan pa3gjx