[nos-bbs] Jnos wont communicate

Mark Bone firefighterc536 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 19:22:06 EDT 2008

Here is what I have so far.

On the linux root when I run the ifconfig command, I have eth0 up broadcast running milticast. It has a static IP address if 192.168.1.130. Loopback is also running. Ip_forward shows a "1" as a response. Tried jnos again and still wont ping.

if I run a "Ifconfig tun0" from the root directory, it shows a device not found. If it suspposed to be there, I dont know how to get it there.

For jay's reply -

Does your gateway router to the Internet know how to handle NAT to the
192.168.2/24 subnet???

   Does your gateway router know that the Linux box is the gateway router
to reach 192.168.2.2  ???

It probabally dont know that the .2 subnet is there. Should I just change it to the .1 subnet to make it easter? Sorry for all the questions, but it just doesnt make sense to me on what I am not doing right.