[nos-bbs] Jnos wont communicate

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri Jun 27 21:27:23 EDT 2008

A couple things stick out Mark:
This is no way an exhaustive review...

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 14:55 -0700, Mark Bone wrote:
>>SNIP<<

1) I don't "see" that you set the host stack to "forward" packets
received over the tun interface --> see: http://jnoswiki.no-ip.org/ then
enter "ip_forward" in the search text box and click on "text" to see the
four detail documentation references for all the details.

2) I do see that you set some ip, tcp, ax.25, values after "attach"ing
your interfaces.  Because some of these values are used during the
attach process, some of the numbers you intend will have no effect.  The
sequence used in your autoexec needs some adjustment.

3) Values like "tcp maxwait 9000" will work OK for internet-only links,
but will most likely give trouble when you operate over paths including
any 1200B radio jumps.  Your experience will vary a bit.  Oh yes: you
spelled it "mazw" and I'm surprised you did not see it flagged on the
console as an error with:
    "*** tcp mazw ... "
type of message while processing autoexec.nos.

While it is not mandatory, it is simpler if your Linux host has a static
IP address on your LAN.  It makes the adjustment of your Internet Bridge
device and following Jays response to you easier.

Best of luck Mark, and don't let these details get to ya.  You have come
a long way already.

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k