[nos-bbs] Update - JNOS development (or lackthereof) and PK232...

Angela M1SCH/PE1BIV nos-bbs_mail at scholder.nl
Mon Jul 28 19:31:49 EDT 2008

Hi Mark,

> Does your unit support PACTOR? I don;t think that it does unless it's
> full of daughter boards where someone has upgraded it at some time.
Well, I'm not sure then.
What I remember from being told is that the original PK232 fitted with the
MBX upgrade and new firmware (ROM) should be identical in functionality with
an original PK232MBX.
But then, I never used one myself.

I have taken a few pics and put them on www.pe1biv.net/pk232mbx/ (the JNOS
web server).
It only has one piggyback board that hold the new ROMs and I think does plug
into the ROM sockets on the main board.
I could not quickly find anything about PACTOR in the manual and supplement
manual, but I guess PACTOR should only be software as I would not expect
extra hardware needed in comparison to AMTOR and Packet mode.
I have no idea which ROM version my PK-232 with the upgrade to MBX is.

Rgs, 73, Angela