[nos-bbs] Update - JNOS development (or lack thereof) and PK232 ...

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Jul 17 10:21:22 EDT 2008

Good morning,

Yes, I'm still alive. I must apologize to anyone out there that
had expectations of me doing more work with JNOS - sorry, but my
kids, summer, and other stuff have sucked up any free time over
the last few months. Family first, JNOS last. Essentially, the
rest of this month, and alot of August are written off, due to
holidays, camping, family obligations, and the list goes on.

Regarding the PK232 - it's been a challenge to get it working, as
a matter of fact at one point I was stuck. The hostmode was working
fine, the PK232 seemed to be *inserting* extra characters, I just
could not explain it. In desperation, I finally resorted to hooking
the PK232 up to an AirMail client and see how it initializes it.

It's amazing what setting 'ALFD OFF' does. By default it was on,
and I completely missed the darn parameter, which automatically
places a LF (line feed) after a CR (carriage return). I caught
this while watching AirMail init the PK232.

Anyways, this has solved a big problem, but now I'm out of time
again, talk about a double whammy ... hopefully during the latter
part of August, I'll get back to it and get it completed. Again,
sorry this is taking so long (for those who are still waiting).

Have a good summer guys and gals,

73 de Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM