[nos-bbs] New to packet, running linux, looking for some advice

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Mon Jan 21 17:16:06 EST 2008

Hi Chris, welcome to packet radio!

Yes, you could (and it seems have) compile the AX25 networking elements
for Linux but the problem is that they don't really fit in with the rest
of the packet world. They are really just another network adaptor for
your Linux box to use.

Probably the best route to go would be to install a NOS variant (I
prefer JNOS) which will then give you a full on packet interface with
mailbox facilities, mailer etc. as you request below.

Where are you located?

If I can be of any further hindrance please let me know :}

Mark