[nos-bbs] Questions related to JNOS 1.11f

Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB) skoric at uns.ns.ac.yu
Mon Apr 7 14:22:48 EDT 2008

Hi all, here is what I wrote long ago:

> After I managed to configure JNOS 1.11f to accept all incoming
> SP and SB mails originated in FBB, I have another question:
>
> - I am still not capable to forward from JNOS to FBB. I mean JNOS
> connects the other side but does not forward to the partner any message
> originated earlier within JNOS mailbox. It accepts everything from FBB
> side though. I suppose that something is missing within the
> configuration.

Just to let you know that my JNOS box started to offer forwarding
content to my FBB system - as soon as I changed the callsign of the JNOS
side (earlier the both parties had the same call, though it seemed not
to make an issue for FBB to send messages to JNOS, while in the opposite
direction JNOS did not want to offer any message for FBB).

The next thing to experiment with, is to try the MD5 password exchange
between two bbs's FBB<>JNOS: Several years ago, I experimented with the
automated FBB<>FBB password exchange, using Protus utility. It makes me
wonder if JNOS 1.11f supports something like that? Has anybody tried to
secure 'handshaking' between JNOS and FBB in a forwarding session?

Regards,

Misko