[nos-bbs] Getting TNOS to recognize the TUN interface ...

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Sep 19 10:51:34 EDT 2007

Hi Jack,

> During the MAKE process I see 5-6 warnings about tun.c dealing
> mostly with 'unused parameters'.  Presumably these are not fatal.

Ignore them. I should probably *deal* with those at some point.

> However, doing a ./tnos -U O brings up the preliminary screen
> with the notation to 'hit enter to continue'

I hate that bloody feature ! May I suggest you comment out the
tun specific autoexec.nos features just for now, then run TNOS.
After TNOS is up, then manually enter all the tun specific entries
from autoexec.nos in the order they appear in autoexec.nos, then
see if you are able to talk with linux. This is just a test to
see if network connectivity works with the tun for this compile.

I forget how to deal with the 'hit enter' part ...

Disclaimer of sorts. I don't use TNOS and have not for quite some time.
I don't really support it on a general basis. I am a CVS developer for TNOS
on sourceforge, but rarerly do anything on it - mostly critical stuff, you
know - show stoppers - like the fact that TNOS will not compile on some of
the latest linux distributions. The kernel changes simply were required if
TNOS was to keep up with the current linux flavours out there.

Regarding TNOS 2.40, I suppose *we* could add the TUN interface to 2.40
at some point, and then with the kernel change, make 2.40 useable on the
latest systems - depends how many people out there start hollering at
me to do it ...

Maiko