[nos-bbs] The NRR command in jnos2.0e+

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Oct 5 12:58:10 EDT 2007

Skip wrote :

> nrr does not pole my neighbor nodes.

After digging through my notes, I recall that I originally put in the
NRR code so that JNOS will *respond* to NRR requests from any other nodes
that are capable of doing so (ie, Xnet nodes, or JNOS nodes that have
the NRR query code). That part still works as expected (see below) :

   *** 546 nodes displayed
   Area: ve4klm (#1) >
   c UBXNET
   Trying...  The escape character is: CTRL-T
   *** connected to UBXNET:IR2UBX-10

   <Login> 05.10.07 - 18:44:07

   Hello VE4KLM.. [snip] ...

   UBXNET:>nrr ve4klm-3

   UBXNET:>
   *** route: IR2UBX-10 WA7V-2 VE4KLM-3* ? ? ? ? WA7V-2 IR2UBX-10

   UBXNET:>

> Admittedly this command is not the most important one ever

But, it is kinda cool to be able to visualize the path
taken to get to a particular NODE though.

> I can not get nrr to send a poll packet to a neighbor node ...

A poll does go out (according to a recent trace I did) BUT nothing
comes back that I can see. I could have sworn the client worked at
some point, but now I don't remember. I will see if I can get it
working properly.

> If there is an ampr.net site readily available ...

Go to mine, then connect to any of the Xnet nodes (it's pretty
obvious which ones they are when you look at the alias names,
then do a 'nrr ve4klm-3'. IF a response does not come back it
means the netrom link between us is not good ...

Maiko