[nos-bbs] The NRR command in jnos2.0e+

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 4 17:30:04 EDT 2007

I may have an OOPS on my hands -- nrr does not pole my neighbor nodes.
I wonder if there are any regular successful users of NRR in our
community?

Admittedly this command is not the most important one ever, but now I'm
wanting to validate it for wiki document purposes, but rather than
returning a route to a node it returns a null response.  I can not get
nrr to send a poll packet to a neighbor node for the purpose of
computing a route.

It IS possible that I botched the configuration, but the one test I ran
at VE4KLM it did the same thing (except I don't have access to trace
info).  YES! Only one test does not make for a solid conclusion but it
seems to be a good time to find an experienced user...

Maiko did suggest to me that nrr may be problematic at this moment but
did not feel it was a high priority issue -- I agree it is low.  All the
more important to find some success stories?

I'd welcome the opportunity to telnet anywhere to run nrr thru it's
paces and document the thing now even though it may not work everywhere.
If there is an ampr.net site readily available to see a successful NRR,
could I get an invitation?

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k