[nos-bbs] FTP behavior problem

Glenn Thomas glennt at charter.net
Thu May 17 12:30:48 EDT 2007

Hi George

At 07:09 AM 5/17/2007, you wrote:
>Interesting Glen.
>
>On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 20:26 -0700, Glenn Thomas wrote:
> > FWIW, I just tried "ldir" on winXP client/Fedora4 host. The command
> > is apparently not known in that configuration...
>Three details:
>   1) confirm that your client FTP is not jnos but is microsoft?

Yes. I didn't bother to check the RFC to see if the command was part
of standard ftp, I just looked at a "reference" version to see if the
command was there.

>   2) does your client "help" document for FTP include "ldir"?

No. FWIW I checked my local Fedora4 ftp and it's help also does not list "ldir"

>   3) what other command lists the local working directory content?

I don't believe there is one. "lcd" is there to change the local
directory, but AFAIK I'm locally blind. FWIW, my JNOS 11.1c help does
list "ldir", though I didn't try it...

>I interpret your response to confirm that FTP of microsoft works OK with
>FTP of (jnos on?) FC-4, but has a slightly different vocabulary...

For me, I was wondering if "ldir" is a standard ftp command rather
than a JNOS extension. As far as I've looked, it appears to be a JNOS
extension. Seems like it ought to be standard ftp, but apparently it is not.

>73
>de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k

73 de Glenn WB6W