[nos-bbs] Questions related to JNOS 1.11f

Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB) skoric at uns.ns.ac.yu
Sat Mar 31 04:37:54 EDT 2007

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:

> question : Is there any specific feature in JNOS 2.0 that you need,
>            which is NOT available in 1.11f ?
>
> For DOS platforms, if 1.11f has the features you need, then there is
> no point wasting time trying to compile or use 2.0.

Sure, Maiko, but I thought that you maybe have 'optimized' the code,
make it more efficient in use, solve some internal forwarding issues or
like. If there's not the case, then I will stay at 1.11f.

> Also, if you are forwarding with other systems, I will say it again,
> make sure your AX25 and BBS calls are not the same. Although I believe
> that distinction is more specific for INCOMING calls to JNOS.

Is it enough if AX25 and BBS calls have different SSIDs or they have to
be completely different?

Misko