[nos-bbs] A question...

Barry Siegfried k2mf at k2mf.ampr.org
Fri Mar 23 16:50:10 EDT 2007

["(Skip) K8RRA" <k8rra at ameritech.net> wrote]:

> I don't advocate changing code so much as I wonder how to explain
> the difference.

Just do what Walter Cronkite used to do and say... "and that's the
way it is".

> You know, your answer skirts another topic - SSID utilization as
> seen in the JHEARD list.

Isn't that what we have FlexNet for?  :)

> Let's *not* do this now, but muse at the difficulty of using JHEARD
> information for connect purposes.

Well, you *could* make it {relatively} simple and just have it stop
on the first occurrence of W8HAM-3 it finds in the Jheard list and
use THAT interface.  Then if it doesn't work, you let the console
session time out (or reset it) and then try again by specifying the
interface the next time around.

73, de Barry, K2MF >>
          <|>      Barry Siegfried
| Internet | bgs at mfnos.net              |