[nos-bbs] A question...

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri Mar 23 16:41:08 EDT 2007

Great answer Barry - You did it again.

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 15:06 -0400, Barry Siegfried wrote:

> ["(Skip) K8RRA" <k8rra at ameritech.net> wrote]:

> > This may be "much ado about nothing", yet I wonder if this contributes
> > to a smaller usership for jnos...
>
> I seriously doubt it!

I hope your opinion proves to be correct Barry.
As you point out elsewhere I'm asking only from the users viewpoint.
Approaching jnos from users perspective is my mantra - pandering to
"stupid" users is not.
But "lots" of users are not here at the moment.
I don't advocate changing code so much as I wonder how to explain the
difference.

> >>SNIP<< Jay is speaking from the point of
> view of the code parser and layering seperation.

Yes - I recognize the accuracy of Jays response.
One irony I have is that Jay and I are joined at the hip in wanting
clarity for semi-tech users.
He has pulled yeoman duty with MI-DRG and I hope he can use my wiki to
further his cause.

> >>SNIP<< if you think about it a bit you
> will realize that this would then introduce a rather complex set of
> algorithms which would then need to be coded and utilized for selecting
> the "right" interface on the Jheard list.

You know, your answer skirts another topic - SSID utilization as seen in
the JHEARD list.
Let's *not* do this now, but muse at the difficulty of using JHEARD
information for connect purposes.

> > The answer is not here yet - one screen requires "connect host" the
> > other "netrom connect host" for identical conditions.
> > Is that apples and oranges?
>
> Yes, I'm afraid it is.  Can this be programmed differently?  Of course.
>
> Does anyone here think it is important enough to invent a system for
> doing it and then coding it?
>
> I doubt it.

Maybe no, maybe yes at some point.
In the mean time I believe I have my answer to go forward with.

> 73, de Barry, K2MF >>

thanks again...!

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k