[nos-bbs] Jnos help

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:34:14 EST 2007

> > If you're going to build a local RF network, set up the RF side of JNOS
> > as another local network like 192.168.1.x.
>
> Actually, the RF side should be a 44 number to keep in the *spirit* of
> the truly RF connected 44 world wide network :-)

Scary as it seems I think I'm coming back to that same opinion.  Not
for the 44 world wide network (much opinion spewing withheld) but
primarily because using a special IP range makes it's easier to see
and understand.  It just looks cleaner to see a setup with 192.168.0.x
and 44.x.y.z numbers.

> And technically could
> be any number in the 44 domain if he does not have one, since it would
> never get to the outside world anyways. But yes, find it out when or if
> you manage to locate your Amprnet coordinator. Just my opinion, that's
> all.

If you have a local active 44 net group - then do what ever possible
to support it.  Getting a 44 number for the sake of getting a number
is pointless.

Which all brings up an intesting idea..   I wonder how 5.x.x.x VPN
(Hamachi) would work to tunnel 44 net IP or UDP packets...

Bill