[nos-bbs] Jnos help

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Mar 2 14:11:31 EST 2007

Hi Bill, Hi Candido,

> I'd suggest that unless you have an active local Amprnet community,
> simply treat JNOS as another (virtual) computer on your home network
> which is probably 192.168.0.X.

I agree. Also I noticed in the autoexec.nos that he has an encap interface
enabled BUT if you're slip link to Linux is already using 44, that does
not make sense to me. You should not be encapping the 44 over a 44 link,
the slip link to linux should be a none 44 subnet IF JNOS is doing the
encapsulation. Where did you get that autoexec.nos ?

> If you're going to build a local RF network, set up the RF side of JNOS
> as another local network like 192.168.1.x.

Actually, the RF side should be a 44 number to keep in the *spirit* of
the truly RF connected 44 world wide network :-) And technically could
be any number in the 44 domain if he does not have one, since it would
never get to the outside world anyways. But yes, find it out when or if
you manage to locate your Amprnet coordinator. Just my opinion, that's
all.

Maiko