[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0f (Beta) + NEW hfdd documentation

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Jun 13 23:06:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

The BETA is linux only, I doubt most people will need or want to update
to this version. It's more or less JNOS 2.0e + JNOS kernel patch + the
latest KAM and PTC revamps + a bug fix (seems the telpac option I added
forces FBB compression OFF even if the telpac option is not used), as
well as a new feature where one can now use the REMOTE CALL instead
of the &AXB (that 8 digit hex number) when using 'ax25 status, kick,
or reset' commands. Check the release history for complete info.

   *** BRAND NEW - HFDD documentation to match this rele ***

The HFDD code now uses *.cfg files to initialize the HF modems, and the
hostmode driver will now automatically place a modem into hostmode if it
senses the modem is not in hostmode. The *.cfg files are used for that,
so there is no longer any need to *minicom* a modem before use. This is
pretty close to the plug & play that I've been wanting to get working
for some time now.

That's all for now. Have fun, the website is as follows :

     http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2

---

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM