[Nos-bbs] DGIPIP Jnos 2

Jerry DeLong kd4yal at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 28 21:46:59 EST 2007

Hi, Barry

I thought about mailing you directly but I thought this was
a good topic for this list. A Google search turns up little
information on this subject.

> > Could some please help me with the correct syntax for connecting
> > to a DGIPIP server using Jnos 2.0e?

> I think you are asking for the correct syntax to *broadcast* (rather
> than "connect") to a DGipip server.   I doubt that the commands are
> any different in JNOS 2.0e than they are in any other xNOS that
> supports DGipip.

> > Usage:

> > remote -s syskey | -g gwkey | [-p port] [-k key] [-a kickaddr] [-r
> > addr/#bits] <hostname> exit|reset|kick|add|drop|udpadd

> I presume you are looking for only the essential arguments above
> specifically to implement the DGipip client?  If so, try this:

>       <hostid> add,udpadd,drop

I notice your not showing a space in this syntax is this correct?

remote -p1234 -kmykey -44.98.24.1/32 kd4yal.servebbs.org udpadd

> where:

> <port> = the UDP port that the DGipip server listens on (if not
>          specified defaults to 1234)
> <dgipip key> = the password that the DGipip server used the "-g"
>               switch to set (if no DGipip password is set by the
>               server this argument is not required)
> <dest ip addr>/bits = the IP block being requested by the DGipip
>                      client
> <hostid> = the IP address (or hostname) of the DGipip server

> add = DGipip client request for server to add the specified IPIP route
> udpadd = DGipip client request for server to add the specified IPUDP
>         route (hardwired to use UDP destination port 94)
> drop = DGipip client request for server to drop the specified route
>       (used in an onexit.nos or equivalent Linux file to cleanly
>       delete the route at the DGipip server when the client is
>        shut down)

> Please note that to the best of my knowledge, Linux is not {yet}
> capable of IPUDP encapsulation so if you need to use IPUDP support
> then Linux will not work.

I believe Terry Dawson release a Linux port base on your Mfnos code.
This is what I am currently trying to get working using a Jnos 2.0e
client.

> The timer that is initialized for an IP route that is acquired at
> a DGipip server by a client is normally set to 15 minutes.  Normal
> practice is for the DGipip client to send a request within one minute
> of booting up and then once every 10 minutes thereafter to keep
> refreshing the timer.  Once the timer expires or a 'drop' request
> is received by the DGipip server from the client, the IP route is
> made to be "unreachable" at the server.

> The DGipip server must therefore be initialized so that the IP route
> being requested by the client is "unreachable", otherwise, if the
> IP route is permanently pointed elsewhere at the server the request
> by the client is viewed as an attempt to steal the route and it is
> ignored by the server.

> In an xNOS DGipip server, an IP route can be made to be unreachable
> by pointing it to the 'loopback' interface.  Since I am not familiar
> with Linux, I couldn't tell you how this is accomplished in a Linux
> DGipip server but I am quite confident there is a relatively easy
> way to do it.

> I hope the above helps.

73 de Jerry