[nos-bbs] New official version - JNOS 2.0f - frozen !

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 19:08:53 EST 2007

> We are very power conscious here at G7LTT so I looked for a solution
> that was able to be run from 12v if needed as well as be small in size.
>
> I work with SBC's and embedded systems quite a bit so the WRAP board I
> used was a simple choice.
>
> The board runs at 266MHz, has a single serial port, is truly headless
> with no keyboard or monitor inputs and has a 100Mb network port.

Too big...  :-)

My dream is to get JNOS running on either a NSLU2 or WRT54 style
router.  Either has far more memory and significantly more CPU then
that old 8 MHz 286 cpu with a half working 40 MB hard drive I used to
pass so many packets back in the early 90's.

The next couple weeks with an XO laptop, DOSBOX and the source code to
both APRSDOS and JNOS may lead me significantly closer to realizing
JNOS on an embedded applicance.

This is an application where the rich functionality of JNOS in one
package will be a very good thing...  A "busybox" for networking...

73
Bill - WA7NWP