[nos-bbs] AXIP networking

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:51:44 EST 2007

> > Can somebody check and see if 44.24.126 is still "mine"...   :-)
>
> It looks like it is.

Thanks for the update Barry...

> > If so I guess we can use that for some 44 net tunnels..
>
> The machine listed as the gateway for 44.24/16 is operated by wetnet,
> however, we cannot confirm that it is actually supporting IPIP.  Emails
> to N7IPB have gone unanswered regarding this.  We are presuming that
> the 44-net hostid of the gateway itself is 44.24.110.35.

I was probably the last pseudo 44.24.110.35 entry and I was the actual
behind the scenes gateway when there was some activity left.  The
wetnet box has been "distracted"  and the ampr.org routing has been
gone since we lost the 3 key cell sites a couple years go.   I think
K7EK or N7NEI might still have some active 44.24.x/24 entries but it's
been a long time since I saw an IP packet on the air.

I'd rather invest my limited time in making packets on the air rather
then dancing with the 44 net bureaucracy.  I am using 44.24.126
numbers on the air as recognition that it is a valuable project so if
anybody wants to do some low level 44/24 net tunnels I'm open to
setting that up again.

Hopefully we can get things working with the simply no-ip.info scheme
and do cool "packet" via the Internet with a minimum of
configuration..  At least that's my goal.

73 and tnx,
Bill - WA7NWP