[nos-bbs] AXIP networking

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Dec 12 15:54:02 EST 2007

Hi,

Who says you have to use a callsign-SSID for digipeating ?

We used *aliases* like MBGATE (manitoba gateway) or WORM1 or whatever.

If you have a beacon every so often on the same RF frequency that
identifies the wormhole alias is that not good enough ? We did that
for years back in the 90's.

Perhaps I read through the posts too quickly, and am off track ...

PS: sorry for the previous test post, seems that I can only hit the
     list from our mail server at work, not at home. Strange, perhaps
     it's not ...

Maiko