[nos-bbs] Nos Panic

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue Aug 7 10:49:40 EDT 2007

A couple of things Anton...

Like yourself, we have a couple applications for automatic start jnos.
Mine are not engineered yet - we are setting the details of the remote
operating environment.

Your use of inittab is insightful.
Conceptually you might want to avoid tty7 in favor of tty8 and/or tty9.
The startnos script is designed for /etc/rc.d use, have you modified it?
The failure you note is *probably* because of a missing "0" standard
input device provided by the getty process.

When starting jnos without user intervention, the worst loss is the
sysop console features defeated by "@" access from standard user mode.
The most successful application I've seen to date is in midrg where cron
is used to start a user session that is otherwise missing from the ps
list.  It provides the sysop console when the operator is elsewhere.
Google midrg for a wealth of information.

You pose two questions that are appropriate to answer in detail if the
answers are missing from http://k8rra.no-ip.org/jnosd wiki.  Please let
me know?

Happy packeting when you finish installation.  Let us know how you pull
off your novel site in the future?

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 00:31 +0400, Anton Lauhin (RV3DHC) wrote:
> HI nos-bbs at lists.tapr.org.
>
>>SNIP<<

73
de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k